HEAD OF HISTORY AND POLITICS – Main Pay Range or Upper Pay Range plus TLR 2.3 (2c), currently £6,514 per annum
We wish to appoint an outstanding teacher with the drive, energy and passion to lead the department from September 2018. This is a tremendous opportunity to teach in a very supportive environment and with highly motivated pupils. You will require the personal qualities, skills and motivation to work in such a way that the school’s high standards will be maintained, thereby enhancing its already excellent reputation. You will be excited about the opportunity to incorporate new technologies and innovative, varied, teaching techniques into your classroom.
As the head of department you would benefit from:
• Working in an established centre of academic excellence
• A genuine input into the vision and strategies of the department
• Ongoing professional development from a school that invests in improving both subject knowledge, teaching and wider enrichment
• Extensive A level teaching
• Time to focus on pedagogy and assessment
In return we are looking for a colleague who:
• Has teaching experience of History or Politics to students across the secondary age range, including AS/A2 level
• Is ambitious and looking for the next step in their career
• Can work both independently and collaboratively with their colleagues
• Offers vision and innovation
• Is passionate about History and Politics
• Is committed to the wider school community
• Wishes to work in a positive, friendly and caring environment with well-motivated and able pupils
• Is able to act as a positive role model for students
• Has a sense of proportion and good humour
• Has a commitment to safeguarding all pupils
Educational qualifications required:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
Interested candidates are most welcome to visit the school.
A relocation allowance may be available for a successful candidate who has applied directly to the school, not through an agency. Accommodation in a shared staff house may also be available.
Further details and an application form are available on our website or from email@example.com. Applications to be received by the closing date of 9am, Monday 23rd April 2018 with interviews scheduled to take place on Wednesday 25th April 2018.
John Hampden Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.