Head of History (TLR 2.2)
Required: September 2018
Twynham School is a very special place with an excellent reputation both locally and nationally. Achievement is exceptionally high, students are well-behaved and eager to learn and relationships are very special.
This is a rare opportunity for a suitably qualified and talented colleague.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
- Lead a high performing history department
- Further improve the already excellent outcomes for students in history
- Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
- Further shape the curriculum in all Key Stages to enhance the quality of learning for students
You are likely to be someone who:
- Is an inspirational classroom teacher
- Has a proven track-record of improving outcomes for students
- Has a clear understanding of effective pedagogy
- Understands how to enable students to achieve at the highest level
- Believes that league tables are not the main focus for education
- Will embrace our highly supportive and professional culture
Twynham School can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with wonderful young people and their families
- The opportunity to work with outstanding colleagues throughout our school
- The opportunity for high quality continued professional development and opportunities to progress
- The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a forward-thinking multi-academy trust
- The opportunity to support system leadership and ITT through the work of the Teaching School
- The opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
Applicants are invited to apply through the TES website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date: Monday 22nd January 2018
Interviews to take place on: Friday 26th January 2018
Twynham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.