The London Nautical School is an 11 to 18 Boys’ School situated in the centre of London on the Southbank close to world famous theatres and art galleries. The river is close to our hearts and offers us a link to the sea, which gives us our heritage. The London Nautical School is a dynamic and progressive school that has high aspirations for its staff and students. With our 600+ students we are a close-knit, warm environment seeking colleagues who value this and wish to contribute to the wider life of our school and community.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of History.
- A dynamic and successful teacher.
- A highly motivated leader who will inspire our team to raise and sustain student achievement and progress across key stages 3 to 5.
- Willing to make a significant contribution to whole school improvement.
Can you demonstrate:
- Energy, enthusiasm, resilience and vision.
- A commitment to and proven track record of raising standards and progress.
- A commitment to sharing good practice.
- A willingness to go the extra mile for students and staff.
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic, successful students.
- Teaching across all key stages.
- High aspirations and expectations of students’ achievement.
- Friendly, supportive and professional colleagues.
- Excellent leadership support, professional development and guidance.
To obtain a recruitment pack including Job Description and Personal Specification or to arrange a visit to the school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website http://www.lns.org.uk/Job-Vacancies. Alternatively contact Sally Palmer on 020 7928 6801.
How to Apply:
Please send your completed application form via email to email@example.com or by post to: Sally Palmer, Head's PA/HR Officer, The London Nautical School, 61 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NA.
Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms: Friday 11th October 2019 at 10am
Shortlisting date: Friday 11th October 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 15th October 2019
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/dbs and in the recruitment pack.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all. www.lambeth.gov.uk
The London Nautical School
61 Stamford Street
London SE1 9NA
Headteacher: Mr Michael Schofield