Hampton Gardens School
Hartland Avenue, Hampton Gardens, Peterborough, PE7 8HR.
Hampton Gardens is a new 11-19 free school which opened in September 2017 to an initial intake of 180 Year 7 students. When full the school will accommodate 1200 students in years 7-11 and 300 students in Sixth Form. Hampton Gardens is part of the Hampton Academies Trust who also run the highly successful and popular Hampton College.
Required for September 2018:
Head of History
TLR 2b (£4,442)
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed Head of History in our brand new purpose built school. This role provides an exciting and unique opportunity to lead and develop the department as the school grows.
• To lead an outstanding Department, raise attainment and develop teaching and learning in History;
• For a practitioner with a successful track record in achieving high standards and securing improvement through innovative teaching and who is ready for the next challenge in a leadership role;
• In a school where active learning and experimentation are encouraged and where History is valued and supported by the leadership team;
• In a modern building where each teaching space has interactive facilities;
• In an expanding school where promotion and developmental opportunities arise regularly;
• Monitor the academic progress of students;
• Embrace creativity and innovation and always looking for the very best practice in teaching;
• In the first couple of years of operation, The Head of History will also be expected to oversee the leadership of RE in the school. As the school expands the school will recruit a Head of RE to take on this role.
For further details on this position please download a Recruitment Pack from the school’s website – www.hamptongardens.org.uk
Applications to arrive no later than 9.00am on Tuesday 23 January 2018.
Interviews will take place week commencing 29 January 2018.
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).