Closing date for applications; 21st May 2018, 9.00am
Come and join the top performing, dynamic and outstanding school in the Midlands.
Saint Augustine’s Catholic High School was recently recognised by the Secretary of State for Education as the top performing school in the Midlands.
As Head of History you will be joining a team of successful, committed and experienced staff who have outstanding success with both GCSE and A Level results, being in the top 3% nationally.
Our key to success:
· A distinctive Catholic ethos that supports deep personal faith but also welcomes diversity and difference in beliefs and culture.
· A drive for success for all students
· A dedicated teaching and support staff that monitor and challenge students to achieve their maximum potential.
· High academic achievement levels and expectations that provide our young people with the opportunity to go onto universities as well as providing legitimate pathways into training, apprenticeships and other further education outlets.
· A large and varied, sports, creative arts and music curriculum, which enjoys success both locally, regionally and nationally.
· A focus on student safety and well-being.
· A learning environment which is contemporary, well-equipped and resourced and regularly updated.
· Opportunities to travel, observe different lifestyles, experiences and cultures, take up new activities and sports, participate in local and national competitions and develop high level communication skills.
· Continual professional development of all staff and opportunities for career development.
Comments from our most recent Ofsted Inspection in May 2017
“The Executive Principal and Head of School exude a determination to enable every pupil to achieve his or her potential. Governors, leaders, staff, and pupils all share high expectations for pupil’s achievement and their personal development.”
“A ‘learning culture’ is firmly embedded among pupils. In all subjects, pupils are keen to discuss and debate ideas and approaches. They are eager to find out more, and determined to improve. Not a minute is wasted in lessons, and pupils readily continue their enquiries and endeavours out of class.”
Potential applicants are welcome to visit the school, please contact Mr Phil Rose, Head of Department on email@example.com or call 01527 550400 to arrange a visit or for further information.
Further details of the school and the vacancy can be found by visiting our website
Completed applications should be sent to Julie Hardy at the school address or emailed to
St Augustine’s Catholic High School
Hunt End Redditch
Worcestershire, B97 5LX
Tel: 01527 550400
Fax: 01527 550230
St Augustine’s is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people
St Augustine’s is part of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic MAC