Our Lady & St Bede Catholic Academy and the Directors of Carmel Education Trust wish to appoint a passionate, dynamic and committed Head of History. This is an exciting and innovative opportunity for either an existing Head of Department or someone looking to move into a significant middle leadership role in a Catholic school.
Over the last two years significant improvements have been made in all areas of the school, building on existing strengths and working alongside the Carmel Education Trust.
Our 2016 academic achievements include:
• Highest performing school in the North East: 1st / 150 schools
• Highest performing school in the North: 1st / 229 schools
• Top 1% of schools nationally: between 38th–56th / 6,382 schools
• 86% A*-C English & Maths
• 85% A*-C in all examinations
• 400+ grades A*-C: over 1 in 3 of all exam entries
• 700+ grades A*-C: over 6 in 10 of all exam entries
• Progress 8: +0.69
• History: 83% A*-C, +0.62 Progress
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent leadership qualities and management skills, including the ability to lead a team of colleagues effectively.
• An excellent track record as a classroom teacher.
• A passion for providing the best possible holistic education for all students.
• The vision, energy and creativity to lead the department in the next phase in its development.
• A teacher with a strong commitment to understanding and promoting the school’s Catholic/Christian ethos.
You are very welcome to contact us to arrange an informal visit to the school. Please contact the Headteacher’s P.A.: Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: email@example.com
For an application form, please e-mail Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to her at the school address – Bishopton Road West, Stockton-on-Tees, TS19 0QH (Tel: 01642 890800). Applications will only be accepted on the official CES application form available from the school. Closing date: Wednesday 24th May 2017, 9:00am.