In this role you will lead the delivery of education in the History Department across the senior school. The Head of History will have extensive experience in leading talented teaching teams and will be a research-active thought leader in History education. They support the strategic directions of The Scots College through delivery of effective teaching and learning programs, fostering an inclusive and challenging learning environment and engaging with the school community within and beyond the classroom.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Qualification in education and be registered/ability to be registered with The NSW Institute of Teachers (NESA)
- Extensive experience in leading talented teaching teams
- Research-active thought leader in History education
- Ability to infuse the Christian ethos into teaching practice
- Propensity to recognise the value and uniqueness of each individual within the College community
- Commitment to one's own ongoing learning
- Professional and personal integrity
- Being flexible and open to change
- Being proactive and innovative
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
Highly Regarded Selection Criteria:
- Prior experience of 4 years or more working in a leadership position and managing teaching teams would be advantageous.