An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and able Head of History to lead our successful History department.
You will be leading a very successful department who achieve outstanding results. Last year, 63% of pupils achieved A*-C in History with 18% achieving A*/A. 64% of pupils made 3 levels of progress (above the national average) with 33% achieving 4 levels of progress.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner to work collaboratively with other Heads of Department to develop colleagues in delivering outstanding lessons and envelop the History curriculum, raising academic achievement and ensuring all pupils make outstanding progress.
You will be:
· Able to inspire pupils of all abilities within History to achieve their highest potential across Key Stage 3/4.
· Able to lead a team of high achieving specialists.
· Committed to delivering consistently outstanding teaching and ability to share your practice with others in a constructive and collaborative manner.
· Contribute to the strategic development of the department by implementing new initiatives, monitoring and reporting on key outcomes, to ensure the department meets academic targets.
· Responsible and be accountable for pupil attainment and achievement, by tracking pupil progress and supporting individual pupils’ learning needs.
You will have:
· An outstanding practitioner
· Inspirational, dedicated and motivated individual.
· Desire to be the best you can be.
· Passionate about History and the education of young people.
· Committed to Castleford Academy values.
· Committed to achieving the best for every pupil.
· Supportive of the Academy’s ethos and values at all times both within the Academy and the wider community.
· Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development of teaching initiatives and strategies, promoting 'History’ as a subject.
· Able to provide an active contribution to the wider part of Academy life.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role now or in the future, please contact the HR Department to arrange a visit.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing suitable interest, the closing date for applications is Friday 27th October at 12 noon with interviews taking place on Monday 30th or Tuesday 31st October.
For further information on the school, the role and ‘how to apply’ please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or telephone the HR Department on 01977 605075.