The Fulham Boys School is a new 11-18 Church of England Boys School that first opened its door in September 2014, it is now in it's third year on a temporary site in West Kensington and is due to move to its permanent, purpose built home on the Fulham road in 2018. Feedback from DfE visits and whole school reviews, show that FBS is in place to be beyond outstanding. The school is geared towards Boys, built upon Christian principles and will nurture Enterprise.
The School has an academic curriculum that aims to prepare our boys for Russell Group and Oxbridge Universities. The curriculum is brought alive by innovative teaching, with access to the latest learning technologies, geared towards boys. The Fulham Boys School is built upon Christian principles and values with great emphasis placed upon high standards of behaviour, uniform, attendance and pastoral care. As well as enterprise skills being embedded in all lessons and boys taking part in enterprise projects throughout the year, the extended school day also allows business, personal and social enterprise to be key features of the school. The boys are in school from 8.30-5pm Monday- Thursday and 8.30-3pm on Fridays, in light of these extended school hours staff and students benefit from 17 extra days holiday each year.
As the schools prepares to take its first cohort into KS4 we are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of House to join the successful pastoral team. There are four school houses at FBS, each with its own separate identify in the image of the whole school ethos.
This role is integral to the daily workings of the school as pastoral leadership brings out the very best in boys through academic and behavioural support and challenge. The role will involve leading a house of 120 boys which will grow to 200 as the school increases capacity. The ability to teach maths would be an advantage but is not a necessity.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding, inspirational, pastoral leader with innovative thinking
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Be relentless about maintaining consistently high standards
- Have excellent discipline
- Have vision, enthusiasm, energy and dedication
- Have excellent communication skills and be highly organized
- Have the ability to support the leadership team in the daily running of the school
- Be determined and committed to creating a dynamic house ethos
- Be able to use data effectively to monitor and evaluate progress (both academic and pastoral)
- Support and lead students and form teachers within the Christian Ethos of the school including leading house assemblies
How to apply
Application forms should be sent to Recruitment at The Fulham Boys School, Mund Street, Gibbs Green, London W14 9LY or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Covering letters should be in a font size no less than 11 and no longer than 2 A4 sides.
If you would like a confidential discussion with our Headmaster or to arrange a visit to the school please call the school on 0207 381 7100.
The successful candidates will be supportive of the School’s distinctly Christian ethos
The Fulham Boys School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be able to satisfy an enhanced disclosure check with the Criminal Records Bureau.