Nailsea School is seeking to employ a Head of House from September 2020 to join our exceptional pastoral team.
This is a permanent position and will mean the successful candidate will be a high profile leader, joining a team with a reputation for exceptional care and guidance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, supportive school during a time of expansion. At Nailsea we have a thriving house system, with students regularly taking part in our inter house competitions and events. The house system is at the heart of our culture and ethos.
As Head of House you will provide guidance, challenge and support to 200 students, divided into 8 vertical tutor groups, enabling them to achieve academic success and experience personal growth.
No particular teacher specialism is required for candidates applying for this position.
We can offer you:
· The opportunity to work with a supportive and driven team
· CPD opportunities through a personalised programme and as part of a Teaching School Alliance
· The opportunity to continue to develop your teaching and leadership career
· Unwavering support from our Senior Team and other pastoral leaders
The successful candidate will need to:
· Have excellent communication and leadership skills
· Be passionate about the well-being and development of young people
· Support the school ethos at all times
Nailsea School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and all appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical questionnaire and satisfactory references.
For further details and relevant application form please visit our website, www.nailseaschool.com
If you have any questions or queries or would like to arrange a visit please contact Lorraine Coombs, Assistant Business Manager, HR, on 01275 866799
Closing date for receipt of applications: Thursday 05 December 2019, midday
Proposed interview date: w/c 09 December 2019