Tes are seeking to appoint an ambitious and inspirational Head of Faculty for Humanities & MFL on a full-time permanent basis from April 2022.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a 'Good' mixed, mainstream, secondary school in Spilsby, Lincolnshire. Places are in high demand at the popular academy leading them to be consistently well oversubscribed in every year group.
The academy is part of a renowned trust that is recognised as a nationwide system leader as it runs 34 schools across the country, ranging from small rural primaries to much larger secondary schools in urban areas. Their mission is to give every child attending one of their schools a world-class education.
- Key influencing role in the construction and implementation of innovative practice in the faculty
- Lead a team of discrete subject areas to build coherence within the context and framework of the academy’s vision and strategic goals
- To be accountable for the quality of teaching and learning within the faculty and for students’ progress and attainment
- The development and implementation of the curriculum offered within the faculty are in line with the academy’s curriculum plan
- To lead and develop the faculty to deliver high-quality teaching and learning to improve standards, levels of engagement and to raise aspirations
- To incorporate and exploit the academy specialisms in the work of the faculty in order to support and enrich learning and to enhance achievement
- To set high expectations for standards of teaching, learning, conduct and relationships, and to model good practice
- To deploy staff effectively across the faculty to maximise learning and achievement and meet student needs
The Successful Candidate:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Very strong track of professional development
- The ability to plan strategically, to set out clear aims and objectives and to manage transformational change successfully
- The ability to carry out rigorous self-evaluation and review and to act on the findings in order to bring about improvement
- The ability to lead and manage individuals and teams of staff so as to bring out the best in them and the best outcomes for students
- The ability to provide effective support to staff so as to ensure the maintenance of good conduct and relationships
- A record of consistently delivering good and outstanding lessons that result in students meeting or exceeding KPI targets
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in teaching, learning and assessment for learning
- A thorough understanding of how to use performance data to monitor standards of attainment and to plan appropriate interventions
- Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- CPD including Senior Leader and Knowledge Development Courses
- Regional networks of Trust colleagues and access to key leaders in Education
- Commitment to employee Health and Wellbeing including dedicated Employee Assistance Programme
- Rewards and Recognition Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR1532717
Tes Schools Recruitment represents Schools and Academies across the globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher/leader for every role.
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...