Head of Humanities
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Start date: September 2018
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and successful classroom practitioner with strong subject knowledge, to lead our Humanities department. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leadership or effecting change and will be able to continue to improve our successful Humanities department. The Humanities team at Bohunt School are dedicated to supporting each other and our students, enabling them to thrive, develop and succeed.
Bohunt Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Are you able to:
- Demonstrate leadership qualities?
- Express a clear vision for Humanities learning?
- Show thorough knowledge of the Humanities curriculum?
- Commit to, and raise further, high levels of achievement and motivation?
We will offer:
- A dedicated, hardworking team
- The opportunity to teach at A Level
- The chance to actively promote your career development
- Happy and enthusiastic students who want to learn
- The benefit of being part of our multi-academy trust, offering the support of experienced colleagues across our schools and greater opportunities for career progression
Bohunt School in Liphook was judged to be Outstanding in all areas in April 2013 and the school has received national coverage for a variety of innovative initiatives. Bohunt School opened a new Sixth Form in purpose built accommodation in 2017.
Bohunt School is located in attractive, open country on the edge of Liphook (40 miles from London) with easy access to the A3 between Guildford and Portsmouth.
For further details on how to apply please visit:
Closing date for applications: 9am on 23 March 2018
Interview date: 29 March 2018