Head of Humanities Main Pay Scale + TLR 1.1
Required for April 2018 (January 2018 if possible)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and ambitious teacher to lead Humanities in this forward thinking academy and develop the quality of teaching and learning.
We are seeking to employ teachers who have a thirst to develop young people and build teams committed to academic and pastoral success. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in influencing positive learning outcomes for our students.
This is an exciting time to be joining our new Academy. Our new building houses the English, science and mathematics departments in state of the art facilities. Our Academy is a vibrant and friendly place to teach, with 627 students currently on roll 11-16 yrs.
We are looking for a talented and inspirational professional who:
- is an outstanding teacher, with a resilient character and a strong personal drive
- has proven experience across all key stages of leading change and raising achievement
- is able to lead on the development of teaching and learning and support others in improving their practice
- can take a strategic role in tracking progress and holding others to account
- has a clear understanding of the national changes to the curriculum and how this affects Humanities
- demonstrates a love of Humanities which is evident in their day to day classroom practice
- is a ‘learner’ and reflective practitioner
We are looking for a person with the creativity and vision to drive improvements in this area of the Academy.
By joining OIEA the successful candidate will have access to a range of tailored professional development opportunities within the academy and across the OAT network, including accredited leadership development programmes.
For an informal chat or to arrange a visit please contact Claire McManus, Vice Principal on 0115 9303724.
If you are interested in applying please download and complete the application form which can be found at www.OIEA.co.uk/vacancies. Please return your completed application form together with a covering letter saying why you feel you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for application: Monday 27th November 2017 – 12 pm.
Interviews: to be arranged
Ormiston Ilkeston Enterprise Academy is committed to safeguarding all our students. Successful candidates will be required to undergo enhanced DBS checks and reference requests will indicate specific questions relating to their suitability to work with children.