Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and enthusiastic Head of Humanities to join an outstanding independent school in Wandsworth, London. This full time role will involve managing a successful department in addition to teaching KS3 classes. The successful Head of Humanities will report directly to the Headteacher and lead a team including a Head of History and Head of Geography. The role is permanent and will commence in September 2020.
About the Role
• Head of Humanities
• Leading the Humanities department
• Teaching KS3 Humanities
• Prior leadership experience would be ideal
• Full Time
• Salary up to £55,000 plus TLR - Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: QTS, previous leadership experience
About the School
• Independent School
• Early Years – KS3
• Outdoor space on site
• Excellent facilities
• Very well resourced
• London Zone 2
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Humanities will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number GMH18805
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.