Hans Price Academy is a forward-thinking Academy based in Weston-super-Mare, providing education to 600 students at KS3/KS4. Our children are excited to learn and are real ambassadors for our diverse community who benefit from a hugely positive and supporting learning environment.
We are part of the Cabot Learning Federation (CLF) - the largest non-diocesan academy group in the South West and one of only 30 National Maths Hubs in the country. CLF currently sponsors 16 academies, including secondaries, primaries and a studio school catering for students aged 14 to 19.
As Head of Department, you will be responsible for leading the team and ensuring the highest standards in all areas, including results at the end of Year 11. This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and talented teacher who is dedicated to inspiring students and achieving outstanding results.
In this role, you will:
- develop and enhance the subject delivery of Humanities at Key stage 3 and 4;
- monitor/track individual student and class progress, anticipating, or acting upon any issues detrimental to learning and referring on where appropriate;
- ensure appropriate schemes of work and lesson plans are in place and appropriate to the learning needs of students;
- research best practice from across the country and internationally in relation to developing learning within Humanities;
- take responsibility for your professional learning and development by taking part in the Academy performance management process and attending INSET and CPD sessions as required.
To be successful, you will be:
- a qualified teacher;
- a highly committed professional with a high level of emotional intelligence;
- keen to create something unique and move beyond expectations in learning for life;
- able to deliver an outstanding student experience and results;
- an excellent communicator;
- innovative, creative and flexible in your approach to achieve the best results.
In return, you'll be rewarded with excellent progression opportunities and a supportive team of colleagues. The CLF will provide you with a hugely positive and supporting learning environment; and the opportunity to participate in both Academy and pan-federation professional development from a wide network of high quality education professionals.
Closing date: Noon on 21st June 2017
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health and right to work in the UK. The checks will also include an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
Please note that if you have not had a response within two weeks of the advert closing date then you can assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.