Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of Humanities on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an 11-16 school located in the beautiful coastal village of Marske-by-the-Sea, close to the North York Moors National Park. The school are extremely proud of their tradition of serving the families of the community of Marske and surrounding areas. The academy has been part of an established Trust, nationally recognised as a high performing academy chain, since September 2014.
The school are seeking a Head of Humanities (history specialist preferred) with the drive, imagination and energy to deliver excellence. All students study both history and geography in years 7, 8 and 9, with all students choosing at least one humanity to study at GCSE.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and supportive humanities department, who achieved outstanding results in 2019. In geography 80% of students achieved a grade 4 or above; 70% a grade 5 or above and 43% a grade 7 or above. In history 86% achieved a grade 4 or above; 67% a grade 5 or above and 37% a grade 7 or above. The department is committed to driving progress and attainment to improve the life chances of every student. They require an excellent teacher who is passionate about providing young people with the best possible education whatever their background or ability. If you care about the success of all students, and have the energy to make that vision a reality, we would welcome your application.
The Successful Candidate:
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of humanities, together with a specialism of history is essential.
- You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of students and share their single goal of ‘Students First’.
- Applications are invited from experienced professionals with a proven track record of raising attainment and progress.
- The applicants will be expected to provide clear, cohesive leadership and direction in the Department and motivate teaching and support colleagues in developing innovative strategies to enhance the quality of learning, teaching and achievement, whilst contributing to the strategic development of the academy by implementing whole academy new initiatives, monitoring and reporting on key outcomes, to ensure the Department meets academic targets.
- The role of Head of Humanities would be ideal for either an experienced Head of Department or someone looking to make that next step. You will be supported extensively by a team of Humanities Directors allowing you to strategically lead the department, whilst having the support and advice from the Director team. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to lead a progressive, outstanding department and be pivotal in shaping their continuing journey to world class.
The academy offers:
- The opportunity, should you choose, to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
- A full and comprehensive programme of professional development is provided.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1442148
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Redcar and Cleveland
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...