The Head of Humanities has the overall responsibility for the quality of teaching and learning of English Social Studies and must ensure it is of the highest standard.
• Overseeing the teaching and learning of English Social Studies curricula based on the UK National Curriculum and later the IGCSE and A levels
• Managing curriculum developments and ensuring relevant staff are trained accordingly.
• Leading and ensuring the IGCSE and A level English Social Studies courses are being delivered effectively and successfully, including teaching, marking and moderating.
• Tracking and reporting all data to the Heads of schools.
• Leading IGCSE and A level interventions including liaising with students, parents, Heads, Principals and other relevant staff.
• Overseeing all excursions and activities that relate to English Social Studies subjects.
• Providing an exciting environment which supports the personal and professional development of each student and member of staff. Planning high quality CPD opportunities for staff alongside Director of CCAs.
• Giving leadership in matters of discipline. Setting high standards and expectations of behaviour among both staff and students.
• Understanding the financial operation of a budget.
• Liaising with Heads on teaching timetables for English Social Studies.
• Establishing, monitoring, reviewing and developing policy and practice to support high quality social, moral, health, cultural and spiritual provision for all staff and students.
The Head of Humanities has the overall responsibility for ensuring the quality and consistency of teaching, learning, reporting and curriculum development in English Social Studies is of the highest standard. This includes the tracking and reporting of all data and exam results. They are required to oversee all schemes of work, departmental policies and other documentation under the guidance and accountability of the Heads of School. The Head of English Social Studies will be expected to guide, support and equip departmental staff in their academic roles and where possible enable them to meet their professional goals and/or receive necessary professional training.
In addition, the Head of English Social Studies will be required to carry out lesson observations and contribute to appraisals for departmental staff in line with the school’s appraisal policy and have responsibility for the teaching and learning standards for English Social Studies.
The Head of English Social Studies is expected to keep abreast of curricula and exam board developments and has the added responsibility of ensuring the external IGCSE and Alevel in English Social Studies are of the highest standard.
The Head of English Social Studies is responsible for liaising with the Heads of School budgetary requirements.
The Head of English Social Studies has a responsibility for teaching innovative and engaging lessons and acting as a role model in terms of teaching quality.
The Head of English Social Studies is expected to ensure the department is maintained to a high standard visually including the displaying of students work, display boards in corridors and classroom displays.
The Head of English Social Studies must have a clear vision and goals for IGCSE and Alevels that is consistent with the development plan of the whole school.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, teaching certificate
Teacher Qualification: Must have Teacher License
Major: English social studies related majors or equivalent
Experience: At least 5 years of teaching experience and 2 years of leadership experience
Please attach your CV, Teacher License together with a cover letter here.
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 25 and below 57 years of age
Huili School Hangzhou offers a world-class bilingual education for children aged from 2 to 18, which begins in Huili Nursery Hangzhou with the Early Years Foundation Stage supported by the Early Years statements taken from the Zhejiang Curriculum. In...