An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Humanities to join our growing Academy
In 2012, Bolingbroke Academy opened with the vision to create a centre of excellence. We are extremely proud of our outstanding first set of GCSE results in English, Maths, Science, Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) and Performing Arts. We are seeking an exceptional and inspiring leader to join our pioneering school and contribute to our school’s mission. This is a unique opportunity to be part of showing what non-selective education can achieve for all pupils in our community.
We are looking for a leader who is passionate about humanities and who can contribute more widely to the leadership of the school. The Humanities department currently teaches Geography, History and RE at GCSE and A-Level in our new sixth form. We are looking for a teacher who has experience of great outcomes at KS4 and KS5 and able to lead and teach A-level in Geography or History.
We are looking for an individual with a genuine passion for working at Bolingbroke Academy, a belief in the potential of every child and that through hard work all pupils and students can access and benefit from a university and high level apprenticeship education, and the courage and vision to lead others in making things happen.
This is a role for a leader who is able to take on significant responsibility in a high performing school.
In this role you will:
• Lead nationally ground-breaking humanities results
• Develop a talented team of humanities teachers to achieve outstanding pupil outcomes
• Be developed as an exceptional leader capable of driving ground-breaking educational outcomes for pupils from an economically deprived background
• Have the opportunity to take on additional leadership responsibilities as you develop, including senior leadership
• Join the Ark network, with comprehensive development opportunities
Bolingbroke Academy is a place where teachers learn how to improve their teaching, constantly striving to be the best they can be. A significant proportion of the Head of Humanities time will be coaching the team of teachers in their department. Each teacher is supported with weekly drop-in observations and action steps, meaning our teachers rapidly progress into being exceptional classroom practitioners. Our school is one which is transformational for staff and pupils alike.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• teach within a growing academy;
• join a network of ARK schools and gain access to an exclusive range of benefits, including reduced gym membership and a comprehensive CPD provision.
Please apply at https://goo.gl/4EqsgY and submit your application no later than 11am on Thursday 22nd March 2018.
For further information please contact the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11am on Thursday 22nd March 2018
Location: Wandsworth, London
Start date: September 2018
Salary: Ark MPS (£29,377 - £39,982) or UPS (£44,707 - £48,814) (Inner London), depending on experience. TLR competitive.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.