Smart Teachers is looking for a Head of Humanities to join a large mixed comprehensive school based near the leafy green area of Woking, Surrey. With strong links to the community, this school has a vibrant and convivial feel and is seeking a Head of Humanities to lead a team of 12 staff. This is a friendly team who work collaboratively in developing schemes of work, raising standards and administrative tasks. Starting January 2017, this is a full time permanent position.
About the Role
- Head of Humanities
- Leadership and management of the Humanities faculty across KS3, KS4 and KS5 Geography, History and Religious and Leisure and Tourism up to KS4
- Ensuring that the quality of teaching and learning is consistent and top of the agenda
- Management of faculty resources, materials and teaching environment
- Support and lead the professional development of staff as teachers and in their wider professional roles
- Fulfilment of standard expectations of classroom teachers to make the education of pupils the first concern and be accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- TLR salary
About the School
- Larger than average ‘Good’ secondary school
- Bright and visually appealing with inspirational quotes and students art and craft work displayed throughout
- Part of a Multi Academy Trust
- Friendly and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Great career progression opportunities
- Students behaviour is overall good
- 9 dedicated Humanities classrooms; each with projectors and some with interactive whiteboards
- Sixth form lessons are taught in a dedicated sixth form block
- Great transport links as it is on the same train line as Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Wimbledon and Earlsfield
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Humanities will need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PGCE / Bachelor of Education or equivalent overseas qualification
- Have recent experience teaching the UK curriculum
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number LXD13944.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.