We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic teacher of ICT to lead our large and developing department. ICT is taught at all Key Stages. At Key Stage 4 students work towards a level 2 GCSE and have the opportunity of doing Computing GCSE. At Key Stage 5 we offer both OCR GCE Applied ICT and AQA Computing at AS and A Level. The position would be suitable for an experienced teacher and will offer the opportunity for the successful candidate to directly influence the schools strategic vision for ICT development.
The person we are seeking will:
- be passionate about ICT and have the desire to share that passion with students;
- be a successful teacher across age and ability ranges;
- have strong leadership, management and communication skills;
- be able to work and learn collaboratively in a large and diverse team;
- be reflective and eager to develop their leadership skills;
- have a commitment to the strategic development of ICT classroom working practices for the benefit of teaching and learning across the school;
- work with the school’s ICT Manager to develop professional ICT training needs for staff.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1610 on roll, including 320 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. As a school, we pride ourselves on our Continuing Professional Development Programme, which supports teachers to continually improve their practice in innovative ways collaborating with other members of staff in order to develop their practice.
For an application form and information pack please contact Emma Tedstone at Little Heath School on 0118 9439503 or firstname.lastname@example.org please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher
Closing date: 17 April 2019.
Interviews: w/c 22 April 2019.
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer. Appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk