Aldar Education are currently seeking for an outstanding Head of Inclusion for Mubarak Bin Mohammed Charter School for January 2022.
Successful candidates will have a ‘can do’ attitude, as life in a Charter School can
be challenging at times, but equally highly rewarding, as our impact upon student
learning is clearly visible every day. A sense of humour is vital too!
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos
and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools
and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
• Encourage and promote inclusion across the school at all levels
• Be ay classroom teacher, supporting and guiding staff on SEN and inclusion to promote high standards of educational achievement
• Liaise closely with colleagues from other schools, outside agencies and other professionals
• Line manage staff employed to support children with special needs
• Maintain accurate records and coordinate care plans
• Review whole school assessment data and conduct assessment to identify priority areas and/or pupils for targeted intervention
• Plan and deliver a range of programmes of work to support individual needs
• Provide training within and beyond our school to colleagues and families
• Contribute to school pastoral committee
• Support the aims of the school; comply with the requirements of health and safety, other relevant legislation and school policies
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
• Undertake other duties from time to time as the Principal /Head of Inclusion requires.
EXAMPLES OF PROFESSIONAL DUTIES
• Lead and manage a team
• Identify, develop and deliver interventions for individuals based on identified needs
• Provide individual or group instruction where appropriate
• Deliver training for colleagues and families
• Liaise with external specialists to inform school based provision
• Monitoring work assigned by teacher – checking and correcting individuals work while in progress
• Prepare documentation for submission to ADEK or other educational bodies
• Complete assessments and applications for access arrangements
• Maintain SEN registers and rigorous data of progress, attainment and provisions
• Participate in the development of behaviour policy/promoting pupils self-esteem and manage
• Student behaviour in line with the whole school policy
• Bachelor of Education/Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education or bachelor’s degree with PGCE /diploma in Special Education other teacher qualification
• SEN Qualification (Masters level or external certification on an aspect of SEN)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of SEN.
• Previous experience in leading SEN / Learning Support in a primary/secondary school
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Evidence of implementing strategic initiatives and impact within a school.
• Demonstrated expertise in leading a special education or inclusion team.
• Experience in maintaining accurate and meaningful SEN registers and developing high quality IEPs and intervention plans.
• Capacity to identify a range of need types and/or development delays
• Experience in administering standardized assessments to inform provision
• Delivered a range of specific intervention programmes and be confident in the measures needed to prove effectiveness.
• Proven capacity to utilize data to monitor and track SoD progress and attainment.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be submitted via the website.
Aldar Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.