Aldar Academies are seeking an outstanding Head of Inclusion for one of the Charter Schools in the current academic year 2019- 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. Also, possess energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that engage, enthuse and motivate our learners.
What we offer
Aldar Education are a leading Education provider in the United Arab Emirates. We deliver inspiring learning environments, combining with the very best academic, arts and sporting facilities with the highest standards of teaching. We educate over 10,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Qualification and Requirement:
• A qualified teacher with a range of teaching experiences (6 years)
• SEN Qualification (Masters Level or external certification on an aspect of SEN)
• Previous experience in leading SEN / Learning Support in a primary/secondary school.
• Encourage and promote inclusion across the school at all levels
• Be an exemplary classroom teacher, supporting and guiding staff on SEN and inclusion to promote high standards of educational achievement
• Liaise closely with colleagues from other schools, outside agencies and other professionals
• Line manage staff employed to support children with special needs
• Maintain accurate records and coordinate care plans
• Review whole school assessment data and conduct assessment to identify priority areas and/or pupils for targeted intervention.
• Plan and deliver a range of programmes of work to support individual needs
• Provide training within and beyond our school to colleagues and families
• Contribute to school pastoral committee
• Support the aims of the school; comply with the requirements of health and safety, other relevant legislation and school policies
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
• Undertake other duties from time to time as the Principal /Head of Inclusion requires.