Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation
About the School
Jumeirah College is a GEMS Premium Secondary School which delivers the National Curriculum for England, offering the full range of GCSE and A level courses. The College has been repeatedly judged to be Outstanding in inspections. Although non-selective at admission, our students achieve exceptional exam results which compare to top UK schools. In 2017 90% of GCSE results were A*-B, and at A level 54% of all grades were A*/A with 83% A*-B. This success enables our students to move on to the very top universities around the world, including Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard and Yale.
Our student body is a dynamic international community of over 1,100 students from over 65 nationalities. We take pride in the development of the whole child, recognising the importance of developing cultural and global awareness. We have a thriving enriched curriculum which provides a diverse range of activities, initiatives and charitable endeavours that both engage our student body and embed our philosophy of global awareness and world citizenship. Jumeirah College is currently working towards accreditation of this approach through the High Performance Leaning network.
As one of the leading schools in the Middle East, Jumeirah College is the first choice school for many families. The success of the school has been repeatedly recognised with the school being nominated for a series of awards, including our current shortlisting as ‘International School of the Year’ by both the Times Educational Supplement and the British International School Awards.
About the Role
We are looking for a Head of Inclusion to join our team at GEMS Jumeirah College, Dubai from September 2021.
The successful candidate will have a true interest in all children and a passion for enabling and empowering them to learn and achieve. Candidates must have experience of leading a successful SEN provision within a National Curriculum School environment, however, we will also consider those with 2ic responsibility and looking for that next step in their career. GEMS staff enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
You will be responsible for providing strategic direction and development of provision for SEN students, monitoring the impact of teaching and learning activities on the progress made by SEN students, supporting the development of high achieving classrooms which support and foster the achievement of all pupils, leading in maintaining/establishing the whole school’s culture and ethos and providing strategies to support SEN students to meet our high expectations in the area of behaviour for learning as well as contributing to the effective working of the school.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- The ability to determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision in the school
- Responsibility for day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual students with SEN or a disability
- The ability to provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff and parents.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A Bachelor Degree in a related subject
- A certified teaching qualification such as BEd/PGCE/PGDE or equivalent
- Certified SENCO award
- Experience working within (leading) a successful SEN team
- Experience implementing a new pathway for students with additional need, working 2 or more years below age, is desirable.
- Experience of using a variety of assessment tools to identify students’ needs
- At least 2 years’ experience of the National Curriculum for England.
- The successful applicant will possess the willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would very much welcome your application.
What we offer:
- Students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students.
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to successful candidates including competitive tax-free salary, furnished accommodation, medical insurance, visa costs, baggage allowance, annual flight allowance and free school places for up to two dependants.
Please ensure you have uploaded an up-to-date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Important Note: GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Jumeirah College is a GEMS Premium Secondary School which delivers the National Curriculum for England, offering the full range of GCSE and A level courses. The College has been repeatedly judged to be Outstanding in inspections. Although non-selecti...