Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) is the best college in Staffordshire and, increasingly, one of the most successful in the country. Comprising Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stafford Colleges the group has £40m+ turnover with 5000+ full time students, 1,500 apprentices and 500 HE learners.
We are seeking an experienced information services manager to oversee all aspects of IS, exams and enrolments across the Group and ensure that the highest standards of data accuracy are achieved in order to ensure full compliance with funding guidelines and the timely provision of reports to inform management decisions to support the overall performance of the Group.
Reporting to the Vice Principal, this is an opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic manager with a first class understanding of FE funding and data management and outstanding attention to detail.
- Ensure that the NSCG IS team continues to provide accurate and timely data reports and returns which support the Group’s strategic objectives
- Working in conjunction with the Vice Principal, develop and lead plans for the further development systems and data management across the Group.
- To lead the Group’s IS and Exams staff team to ensure that they maintain high standards of accuracy, timeliness and customer service.
- To maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of funding guidelines and developments and to advise College managers on the most appropriate means of maximising learner funding.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Holds an appropriate academic or professional qualification.
- Has a good general understanding of funding and management issues affecting the FE sector.
- Has demonstrable experience of successful track record in a similar role.
- Has high level problem-solving, project-management and negotiation skills.
- Has a good knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting exams administration and management within the FE sector in general.
- Has interpersonal, motivational and communication skills of the highest order.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 35 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply?
- To apply for this role please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and click on ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
- The closing date for completed applications is Sunday 1 st October 2017.
- Interviews to be held on Wednesday 11 th October 2017
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.