Head of Languages
Hours: Full time
Grade: MPS / UPS + TLR 2B
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Responsible to: Head of Faculty
We are looking for a colleague to join our ambitious and inspiring Languages Department, part of our Ebacc faculty. You will need to have the knowledge, skills and creativity to be an outstanding lead teacher, and the ability to teach French to at least GCSE higher level.
If you have a focus on raising student attainment and a passion for languages; and are looking to work in an environment that values the learning of students we would welcome an application from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Be an outstanding practitioner with a passion for French
• Have a proven track record of raising attainment and be able to demonstrate success at GCSE and A level
• Have high expectations for accountability and consistency
• Have experience of leading and coaching others
• Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of young people
• Be committed to Stoke Damerel’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses.
• Contribute to enrichment activities across the College
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion to be part of the Inspiring Schools Partnership MAT working at Stoke Damerel Community College, a belief in the potential of every child and that through hard work all students can access and benefit from a university and high level apprenticeship education, and the courage and vision to lead others in making this happen.
Inspiring Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All teaching and support members of staff must undertake the required employment checks which include the uptake of references both professional and personal and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Please visit www.sdcc.net for application details and for details of how to apply
Closing date: Monday 24th February 2020 at 9.00am
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 2nd March 2020