Fixed term Maternity Cover (February 2017 - November 2017)
The Mossbourne Federation’s calm working atmosphere creates well-rounded individuals who excel in the arts, on the sporting field and academically. All learners, regardless of ability, benefit from the innovative and enlightened approaches to teaching and learning within the Academy. The Mossbourne Federation has helped change students’ lives. The Federation’s flagship school, Mossbourne Community Academy, is founded on high expectations and a belief that all students, regardless of background, can have a first-rate education.
The Mossbourne Federation comprises four academies, all within close proximity of each other:
Mossbourne Community Academy (secondary school);
Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy (secondary school);
Mossbourne Parkside Academy (primary school); and
Mossbourne Riverside Academy (primary school).
Across the four academies operates a Central Services Directorate which supports all the academies delivering services such as estates, facilities, security, ICT, and telecommunications management, together with corporate communications, human resource and finance functions.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for teaching and working with students of all abilities with the talent to drive them to be outstanding
- Enthusiasm to ensure that students get the education which they rightly deserve
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
- Raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability
- Willing to play as part of a team and go the extra mile to up keep the Mossbourne values
- Committed to the safeguarding of students
- Focused on the learning and development of students and encouraging high achieving
- Enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach
- Professional manner at all times
- A degree in Latin and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Ability to teach Latin and Classics at KS3 through KS5
- Knowledge and understanding of how students learn Latin and Classics
What we can offer:
The opportunity to work with excellent students and a supportive team throughout the academy
Comprehensive staff benefits
The prospect of working for one of the country’s leading academies
Ambitious working environment
Friendly and passionate atmosphere
More information about the post and an online application form can be found on our website: http://www.mossbourne.org/vacancies/. Please note that CV’s or incomplete application forms will not be considered. All other applications will be considered, however, only those that are shortlisted will be contacted. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline.
Please note: Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline.
Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Interview dates - TBC
Mossbourne Community Academy,
100 Downs Road,
Hackney, E5 8JY