Head of Learning (Head of Year)
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Academy to take on the role of Head of Learning (Head of Year). You will lead, manage and monitor the academic progress, social, moral, spiritual and cultural development of students within a particular Year group, working closely with staff and students to promote high standards of teaching and learning across the Year group. This is a teaching post with 15 hours of teacher contact time.
- Have the ability to lead and develop a pastoral team that is responsive to the needs of the students
- Be an inspirational and exemplary classroom practitioner
- Have the drive, passion and enthusiasm to raise standards and encourage students to achieve their best
- Be a team player with sensitivity and emotional intelligence
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
- Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
The City of London Academy (Southwark) (CoLA) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, CoLA provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-18 years old.
We are part of the prestigious City of London Family of Schools sponsored by the City of London. We are proud of our City heritage and value the opportunities it brings through the Guilds and Livery Companies. These serve as an aspirational bridge for our community. In addition, our offer is enriched through collaboration with our sister schools, both private and state. Our new dedicated Sixth Form Centre opened in September 2017 and accommodates the increased demand for Sixth Form places offering the broadest curriculum in state of the art facilities.
All applications must be made via the online TES application form. CVs will not be accepted. Further details about the academy are available from the academy website www.cityacademy.co.uk.
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 25th April 2018
Start date: 1st September 2018
Interviews: Will be held as and when applications are received.