An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Tenby International School, Penang is located on a lush, green 6-acre site with excellent purpose-built facilities close to Batu Ferringhi just outside Georgetown, operating two streams on the same site; one International (IPC, National Curriculum for England, IGCSE & A Levels) and one following the Malaysian curriculum. The school provides opportunities for students to join either Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary and Secondary School or Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum) and caters for children from 3 years of age to 18 years of age.
We are one of the biggest school groups in South East Asia with over 5000 students attending Tenby schools every day across Malaysia. We are also part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP) a leading International Educational company based in London with 45 schools across the world. This is a worldwide family with sister schools in Spain, UK, Mexico, Costa Rica, USA, Dubai and UAE.
We are one of the leading schools on the island of Penang and we have celebrated our best ever IGCSE and A level results this academic year. Find out more on our website (www.tenby.edu.my/penang) and social media sites.
We offer a rich, quality education with affordable fees. The school caters for the children of expatriates working and living in Malaysia and for Malaysian families who opt for international education. The student population comprising 33 different nationalities is approximately 750 students, with 560 attending the international school, 400 of which in secondary. The students are very able and expectations are high. Our teaching staff are both expatriate and Malaysian.
Our approach is individual – we strive for every student to stretch themselves beyond their potential and in doing so we reflect our vision of ‘A united world at peace – through Education’.
Memberships & Affiliations
We are a Council of International Schools (CIS), accredited school. We are centre for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) and are authorised to deliver the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), Duke of Edinburgh Licenced School, Microsoft Office 365 School and part of Association of Malaysian International Schools.
We are looking for a suitably qualified, inspirational and experienced Head of Learning Support to join our forward thinking and dynamic teaching team that provides quality teaching and learning for our students – commencing August 2020
The ideal candidate will be expected to lead a team of teachers who are responsible for the support of students with EAL and SEN students. You will exercise your professional skills and judgement to identify students needing EAL and SEN support on entry into school and conduct individual assessments. You will lead your team to plan and teach EAL and SEN lessons to groups of mixed age and ability learners of various nationalities (some with little or no English).
You are important for raising the standards of teaching, learning and attainment for all EAL and SEN pupils across KS1 to KS 4. You will be supported by strong leadership, systems and an outstanding professional development programme.
- Improve the quality of provision for EAL and SEN pupils from both the primary and secondary sections of the school.
- Ensure that the special needs of individual students are met
- Understanding the structure and balance of the curriculum and programmes of study followed at the school
- Have up-to-date knowledge of current research regarding the teaching of pupils with EAL and SEN.
- Plan and develop, with your team, differentiated approaches to facilitate access to the curriculum for SEN and EAL students.
- Where circumstances require, participate in co-operative/partnership teaching, individual student support and/or small group collaborative learning.
- Be accountable to the Campus Principal for professional and operational matters.
- Support the assessment and reporting on the progress of EAL and SEN students in collaboration with class teachers and others where appropriate.
- Encourage and promote inclusion and foster positive links between home and school.
- Contribute to staff development on the most appropriate strategies, approaches and resources for EAL and SEN students.
- Ensure that parents have clear and accurate information about their child’s progress
- Utilise data to inform learning and teaching
- Liaise with external agencies
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE, Bachelor of Education)
- At least two to three years’ experience working within an EAL/Learning Support Department
- Leadership experience (desirable)
- A passion for teaching and a belief in the education of the 'whole child'
- High levels of professionalism and care for children
- Excellent oral and written English
- Commitment to excellence and to significantly raise the linguistic and personal achievements of all EAL and SEN pupils.
- Ability to use an appropriate range of teaching strategies to ensure effective learning.
- Reflective individual who is committed to life-long learning and development
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews will be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
How to Apply
The closing date is 3/3/2020 but it is strongly recommended to submit applications as soon as possible.
Further information and details of other positions are available on our website: www.tenby.edu.my (http://www.tenby.edu.my/)
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references and criminal record checks.
(We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)