To support our Secondary team, we are looking for an adaptable and inspiring Head of Learning Support (full-time).
BMS is the oldest international school in the center of Berlin. 1000 students from 55 countries attend our school and are taught using the best international and national curriculum programs. The Berlin Metropolitan School is an all-day school, allowing students from kindergarten through 12th grade to complete a modern and values-based education, culminating into an internationally recognized diploma. An international team of more than 200 dedicated employees lead the way for the learning success of our students.
THE EXCITING CHALLENGE
- Manage Learning Support (LS) teachers and English as Additional Learning (EAL) teachers.
- Duties include timetabling of support; professional support; monitoring the Learning Support Department’s progress and development.
- Identify and share best process within the Learning Support Department.
- Manage Individual Learning Plans (ILPs), liaising with parents, teachers and students to regularly review and update ILPs.
- Support teaching staff in developing differentiated curricular and instruction to accommodate the individual needs of students.
- Implement relevant Learning Support programmes, regarding literacy and numeracy development.
- For particular focus students, provide one-to-one and/or group support.
- In collaboration with the Leadership Team, IGCSE and IB coordinators, manage the documentation and implementation of the Examination Access Arrangements for the 7th – 12th graders.
- Evaluate the evidence for Exam Access Arrangements and decide on the appropriate accommodations.
- Administer the relevant psychometric and non-psychometric assessments as a part of the referral process.
- Generate assessment reports to support external referrals and in class accommodations.
- Meet with the Admissions Team to discuss the admissions process when students present with specific learning needs.
- Develop and maintain contact with external specialists. Provide professional development to staff on topics relevant to Learning Support.
- Committed, experienced and well-qualified team leader, who seeks opportunities to extend expertise and looks for improvement to provide a high quality teaching standard.
- Master’s Degree, or higher, preferably in educational administration or special education.
- Experience in a leading position and in coordinating or providing oversight of Learning Support Services programs and processes.
- Experience in the administration and interpretation of diagnostic tests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and also preferably in German.
- Cross-cultural experience/understanding.
- Strong team facilitation and problem solving skills. A minimum two-year commitment to this position.
WE OFFER a modern, inspiring work environment with international, dynamic employees and an open school community in the heart of Berlin. Our cooperation and the sense of togetherness are distinguished by a special team spirit and respectful and harmonious interaction. Our open- door-culture with the leadership, joint learning and collegial case counseling creates an inspiring and supporting collaboration. Continuous personal development through “Professional Development Days”. We offer best conditions for a modern classroom with a comprehensive range of modern technology and resources. Suitably qualified candidates are invited to send their full application documents including the CV, copies of all relevant diplomas and certificates and at least three referees. Please send your application to Paul Churchill, Secondary School Principal.
Please apply trhough our applicationsystem Schrole Connect:
Attn: Paul Churchill, Secondary School Principal
Learn more about us: www.metropolitanschool.com