We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and ambitious Head of Mathematics. The successful candidate will have:
• Evidence of skills in accelerated learning, coaching to improve teaching and using data to inform effective interventions
• An outstanding teaching track record
• A passion to be innovative and forward thinking
• The ability to lead a strong team of specialist mathematicians embedding an ethos of high expectation of both students and staff
• An understanding of the importance of quality assurance
• A view that the progress of every child in Mathematics is their responsibility.
In 2017, 67% of our Year 11 cohort achieved a grade 4 or above i
n Mathematics of which 11.0 % were at 9-7. John Hanson is a successful 11-16 community school with a long tradition. The school relocated to purpose built accommodation in 2002; consequently we have excellent facilities and a very pleasant physical environment.
We welcome applications from candidates from all qualification routes and backgrounds; most important of all will be the ability to excite our students through their learning, and the desire to be an integral part of a successful school. We also welcome informal conversations with the Headteacher, and encourage you to come and visit our school and meet our staff and students. In all circumstances, please contact Karen Page (Business Manager) for further details and an application form, 01264 352546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org