We are seeking to appoint an outstanding practitioner of mathematics to join our high achieving Maths department. You will be keen to make a real impact, leading on maths and further enhancing standards for our motivated and ambitious students. We offer great facilities, a caring and welcoming school community and a supportive leadership team.
• Be an outstanding teacher, passionate about your subject
• Have the knowledge, experience and ambition to teach across the secondary age range
• Lead by example and act as a positive role model to students
• Be a reflective and innovative practitioner, keen to use technology to maximise learning opportunities
• Be committed to the development of young people
• Have effective communication skills with the ability to inspire students
• Have a positive, can-do attitude
• Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
• An established centre of academic excellence with an exceptional record in sport, music and community involvement
• Motivated and ambitious pupils
• A friendly and supportive team of teachers and support staff
• Well-resourced facilities
• A positive, caring and collaborative working environment
• A commitment to professional development
• A relocation allowance may be available for candidates who apply directly
Salary: Teachers Main or Upper Pay Range dependent upon experience and a TLR 1.2 equivalent to £9,929 per annum.
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to support us in getting the best from our students, then we would love to hear from you. Interested candidates are most welcome to visit the school and visits can be arranged through the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Further details including a job description, person specification and an application form are available on our website (www.jhgs.bucks.sch.uk). To apply, please complete the JHGS Teaching Staff application form and send it for the attention of Miss T Hartley, Headteacher, to HR@jhgs.bucks.sch.uk or complete the online form on the TES website.
Applications to be received by the closing date of 19 November 2019, 9am. Interviews will take place 21 November 2019
The school reserves the right to change these dates, and to close the vacancy at any time, so early application is advised.
John Hampden Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to pre-employment vetting checks which include an audit of social media presence and an Enhanced DBS check. John Hampden Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer.