Abbey College Cambridge is one of the best college for international students in the UK. We specialise in helping students from across the world achieve the personal, social and academic growth needed to succeed at the UK’s best universities.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, and experienced Head of Mathematics to lead our department of committed professionals who are passionate about the subject.
The Mathematics Department at Abbey College Cambridge is a large and very successful department of committed professionals who are passionate about the subject. We come from a range of backgrounds and experiences and we work together as a friendly and mutually supportive team.
We currently offer a wide range of courses to suit all individual needs, including; AS/A Level Mathematics, AS/A Level Further Mathematics, GCSE Mathematics and Further Mathematics, Foundation, pre-sessional, STEP and AEA classes.
Your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
• To promote ambition and have high expectations for all learners.
• To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the whole curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress.
• To be accountable for developing and enhancing the teaching practice of all members of the department, especially with the needs (linguistic and otherwise) of international students.
• To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying in the department, in accordance with the aims of the school.
• To conduct an annual review of the department for submission to the Senior Academic Team and to propose the annual department development plan.
Qualifications and Experience
Teaching international students at GCSE and A-level should be a passion for you and to be considered for this position you must hold a degree-level qualification, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance and proof of right to work in the UK. Knowledge of the appropriate curricula and experience as a head of department would also be beneficial.
• 50 days annual leave
• Employee assistance programme
• Sports groups and free on site gym facilities
• Alpha Plus Group personal pension plan
• Season ticket train travel discount and loans
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted school fees
• Language classes
• Regular social events
• Discounted beauty treatments
APG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of APG you will be expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
How to Apply
Please enclose your CV and a detailed covering letter to your application, stating why you think you have the necessary skills to be successful in this position. Interviews will take place in the week commencing the 2nd March 2020.