A super opportunity for an excellent maths teacher in a highly academic and nurturing school. Benefits include a generous non-contact allowance, small class sizes and an individual large office.
Notre Dame School seeks to appoint a Head of Mathematics to provide professional leadership and management of the Mathematics Department promoting and developing its academic reputation within the school and securing high quality teaching, effective use of resources and the highest standards of learning and achievement for all pupils.
We welcome applications experienced qualified teachers, who can demonstrate the highest standards of delivery in order to raise attainment and are committed to motivating young people.
- Good degree in Mathematics or related subject
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of teaching Key Stages 3 – 5, including the ability to teach Further Mathematics
- Experience and ability to prepare pupils for Oxbridge entrance examinations and interviews
- Experience of organising extra-curricular mathematics events
- Up to date with professional developments in Mathematics and other aspects of education
- Excellent efficient administrator
The ability to inspire young people and to encourage them to engage with Mathematics both within and beyond the classroom
- A proven ability to lead and manage people to work towards a common goal
- A proven ability to work as a member of a team
- An ability to plan, organise and manage the department budget
- An ability to communicate effectively with all members of the school community
- An appreciation of the aims and ethos of the school
Find out more about this role by downloading the candidate information pack.
The Mathematics Department
The Mathematics Department at Notre Dame is a rigorous department which is proud of its academic success. The Head of Mathematics is supported by a Head of Key Stage 3 Mathematics and together promote high expectations of both staff and pupils.
Notre Dame School is a highly successful independent girls’ school set in 17 acres of beautiful parkland in Cobham. Notre Dame is a Catholic School and is a Foundation of the Company of Mary Our Lady with an ethos shaped by the life and work of St Jeanne de Lestonnac.
To apply for this post please complete the TES online application form.
Closing Date: 9.00 a.m. 21 March 2018
Interviews: 23 March 2018
Notre Dame School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required for the post.