Head of Mathematics
Kings’ School Al Barsha is inviting applications for a driven and passionate subject leader who is looking to lead an highly experienced, dynamic and talented department, in a high performing environment. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will lead the continued success of the department at GCSE and A-levels.
This is a superb opportunity for a dynamic, experienced and ambitious leader to work in an successful and academically demanding environment.
When you join the Kings’ family, you will become part of a strategically connected group of schools, one of which is the only school in Dubai to be rated outstanding 10 years running. Working in Dubai is a fast-paced and rewarding experience, however, it is a demanding and rigorous working environment which requires committed and motivated professionals. As such, we seek teachers who understand that their role extends far beyond the classroom.
As part of our drive for excellence, Kings’ has committed to the John Hattie Visible Learning programme and is the only school in the Middle East working directly with the Visible Learning group. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Mathematics as the sole or significant focus
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years' experience as a Department or Faculty Leader
- GCSE and A-Level experience are essential
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- The ability to adapt quickly to Kings’ fast-paced international, multicultural and demanding environment (Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage though not essential)
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through the TES application form here.
Closing date: 31 January 2018
Interviews to be held in London from 15 - 21 January 2018. The school will also conduct Skype/telephonic interviews and reserves the right to offer an ideal candidate the position before the closing date.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2018 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.