In this role, you will work to maintain and improve standards within our academy. As Head of Department, you will strategically lead and direct the mathematics team to deliver and develop the academy’s strategy for continuous improvement as it moves to its next stage of development.
To be successful you will:
- be an accomplished teacher;
- be an outstanding middle leader with a demonstrable commitment to helping all pupils achieve their best;
- have a strong background in developing pupils’ grasp of mathematical concepts and constructs;
- be an exceptional and passionate practitioner who is keen to facilitate the progress of all pupils with mathematical skills and knowledge;
- have high expectations of behaviour;
- motivate staff and pupils through high quality leadership and management;
- be an innovative leader and manager that is able to analyse and interpret data to support clear, strategic decisions.
Part of the Greenwood Academies Trust, we are located in the seaside town of Skegness on the beautiful Lincolnshire coast. Opened in 2010, we occupy a large site with extensive sports facilities, green space plus new and refurbished buildings which give pupils and staff a high quality learning environment.
Led by Jo Edwards, Lead Principal, we have a very vibrant, supportive and hardworking team, committed to promoting high achievement in education whilst ensuring that standards of behaviour and uniform are impeccable. Pupils are supported to not only achieve well but also to ensure they are prepared for their future through a variety of enrichment opportunities.
You will be well supported by the senior leadership team at the academy and the Central Team of the Trust, to ensure the overall vision of the academy is achieved. All GAT academies work collaboratively to share best practice and are supported by the expertise within the Central Team to enable them to focus on teaching and learning. You will also receive excellent opportunities for career progression and access to bespoke CPD from the Trust’s Learning Alliance to enhance your professional growth.
Visits to the academy are warmly welcomed; please contact Jayne Abbott on 01754 879122 or email: email@example.com
For further information, please visit: http://www.greenwoodacademies.org/vacancy/11665/
Closing date: Noon on 22nd March 2017.
Interview date: w/c 27th March 2017.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.