We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and ambitious colleague to lead our successful Mathematics Department. You will inspire a team of six teachers, model excellent practice and improve numeracy across the curriculum. As Head of Department, you will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to support the drive to raise standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- Evidence of skills in accelerating learning, coaching and improving teaching and using data to inform effective interventions
- An outstanding teaching track record
- A passion to be innovative and forward thinking
- An understanding of the importance of quality assurance
- A view that the progress of every child in Mathematics is their responsibility
This is a key leadership position in the school, and the ability to lead and work in a team is essential, sharing good practice and modelling excellence in all areas. The ability to lead and improve a whole-school area, aside from Mathematics and numeracy, would be an advantage, hence the enhanced TLR.
For further information and an application pack, please contact Sharon Vickers (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call 01584 813813.
Closing date: Midday 20th November 2017
Interviews to be held week commencing 4th December 2017.