Manningtree High School is a successful, rural secondary school with a strong community feel. We are a mixed, fully comprehensive school serving the local area and work closely with primary and post-16 partners as well as other local secondary schools. The school is set in a pleasant rural location only 10 miles from the centre of Colchester and close to the Suffolk border. We currently have around 800 11-16 students on roll.
We are seeking a dynamic, well-motivated, innovative Teacher of Maths with a proven track record of delivering outstanding teaching and achieving excellent results to head our Maths department.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate an appetite for leadership, to inspire exceptional teaching and contribute to the strategic development of the department and the school as a whole. He/she must also have a track record of raising attainment in Maths or of maintaining existing high levels of attainment.
About the role
This is a hugely important role within the school and we are determined to find a candidate who feels confident and able to lead by example; producing consistently excellent lessons is required, as is enabling excellent progress for all young people. The desire to share your knowledge and best practice with your colleagues is an essential part of the role and assists them to shape their careers. A leader who can listen, utilise the skills and experience of their team to deliver the best solutions.
- Have overall responsibility for progress and attainment of students in Maths.
- Monitor, evaluate and quality assure the effectiveness of teaching and learning within the Maths Department.
- Carry out the Performance Management of staff in the Maths Department, in line with school policy.
- Be a highly effective teacher who supports and challenges all students to achieve their full potential.
- Lead the team of teachers responsible for delivering Maths throughout the school. 6. Be responsible for the development and implementation of the curriculum.
- Present and represent the work of the team to other groups and individuals.
- Be responsible for planning and ordering resources for the Maths curriculum, and manage relevant systems such as examination entries
In return, we can offer you:
- A community feel in a pleasant rural location only 10 miles from the centre of Colchester
- Excellent facilities, with a new build classroom block currently in development
- Polite and courteous students
The school holds academy status and offers an excellent induction and ongoing staff development. Our students are well behaved and motivated and examination results are excellent.
"The school has taken very successful actions to ensure that the students are proud to be part of the school. One student stated, ‘The school cares about you.’ Students’ behaviour in and around the school is good. They feel safe. Students are very polite and courteous to one another and toward staff and visitors. The curriculum is wide in scope in a manner that enriches the lives of the students and strengthens their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. Progress across the school is very good."
At Manningtree we strive to give every student the best education to suit their needs, we have high expectations of students and staff are expected to share this commitment for our young people.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you feel that you can make a positive contribution to our future successes. The person appointed will enthuse, inspire and motivate students and be passionate about attainment and progress.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All postholders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
For further information or to visit the school please contact Carol Sinclair.
Closing date: 9am 24th November 2017