Head of Maths Department
Join an aspirational school nurturing ambitious students and teachers
Start date: January 2019 (or April 2019)
Salary: ARK MPS (MPS + 2.5%) + TLR 1D Plus two year performance related golden
handshake of up £10K
Location: Putney, London
Nearest train station: Putney
Deadline: Monday 15 October 2018
Interviews: Thursday 18 October 2018
Ofsted: Good (April 2017)
Ark Putney Academy is a highly successful growing Academy with great facilities and is now on a journey to outstanding, with fantastic outcomes at both KS4 and 5. We now want to build on this by appointing an outstanding Leader of Maths across the Academy. The role is suitable for an excellent practitioner with some middle leader experience who is determined to build an outstanding Maths department with the support of three established post-holders and a well- qualified Maths staff.
In its 2017 OFSTED inspection Ark Putney Academy was rated ‘Good’ in every category.
We have a very successful sixth form which is renowned in the local area. We have a strong ethos, results are excellent and every year we send large numbers of students to some of the best universities, including Oxbridge. We currently successfully offer Maths and Further Maths at A Level
The successful candidate will:
· be an outstanding teacher with a proven track record of securing excellent outcomes
· have an up-to-date knowledge of subject curricula and assessment requirements
· have had experience of successfully leading a Maths curriculum
· have had experience of delivering effective training to individuals and groups of staff
· have proven experience of identifying, and implementing effective strategies for improving
Maths attainment in urban schools at KS3, 4 and preferably 5
· have a highly effective style that is both consultative and influential
· be able to demonstrate resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of
· be aligned with Ark’s ethos of growth mind set, high aspirations and high expectations of self and others
We know staff wellbeing is fundamental to our school’s success, so have created a supportive culture throughout the school. Our staff are also provided with high levels of training opportunities, to ensure continual progression and development.
As a teacher at Ark Putney Academy, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country. Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
· A salary 2.5% higher than the main scale teacher salaries
· Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
Please submit your application form by October 15th 2018
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact Alison Downey, Principal at Ark Putney Academy on 020 8394 5612.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check