As a 7-18 State Boarding School we are seeking a Head of Mathematics to provide inspirational leadership of the Mathematics Department and effective delivery of an outstanding Mathematics curriculum ensuring all our pupils make excellent progress. The successful candidate would inspire teachers and pupils to have a passion for the subject and to ensure the Mathematics department is a vibrant department within the school community. The successful candidate will be:
• Committed to the teaching of Mathematics and to leading the co-curricular programme of the school within the subject
• An excellent classroom practitioner with understanding of high quality teaching and learning
• Experienced in successful teaching of Mathematics to GCSE and A level and of raising attainment
• Able to create and lead departmental development and be experienced in supporting other staff to enhance teaching and learning
• Committed to regular and on-going professional development Single or larger rent-free accommodation may be available for the appointee in return for boarding duties.
To apply please complete the application form with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
Closing Date: Friday 24th November at midday
Interview Date: Wednesday 29th November
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.