We are seeking an outstanding teacher of Mathematics who can rise to the challenge of leading our strong team of Mathematicians to raise our high standards of student achievement even further.
The successful candidate will:
• have a passion for Mathematics
• have a passion for working with students
• be able to plan and deliver high quality teaching
• have excellent communication have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision of the Department and school
• be able to build relationships quickly
• show respect to others and be able to embrace the ethos and values of the School
• be positive, optimistic, caring, kind and approachable
• be willing to be immersed in the life of a busy and successful school
• have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
The Gryphon is a heavily oversubscribed 11-18 school, which is successful in gaining good results for its students at both GCSE and A-level. The large Sixth Form of 400 students is exceptional. Our students have an excellent record of success in gaining university ;, including to Oxbridge and the Russell Group, and in the most challenging courses. We are a very proud school which attracts students from around North and West Dorset as well as South Somerset.
The Gryphon is a wonderful place to work and has a special atmosphere and feel. Sherborne is a centre for educational excellence and a beautiful rural country town that has easy road and rail links to London, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and the glorious Dorset coast. We are an outward looking school with excellent community links as well as strong relationships with other good and outstanding schools across the South West and England.
Our special culture and ethos focuses on high achievement, both personally and academically, which is underpinned by the team work of all our staff that was recognised in our most recent Ofsted report (November 2017).
Our teaching is often outstanding; our teachers make lessons stimulating and practical using their excellent subject knowledge. The Good Schools Guide describes pastoral care and discipline as ‘exceptional’. Students are reflective, behave with great courtesy, and are heavily involved in working with staff to improve the school and the welfare of others. We are a comprehensive school serving a diverse community. Our high quality support staff make a real difference. We welcome visits from potential applicants.