We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and ambitious colleague to lead our successful Mathematics Department. You will inspire a team of five teachers, model excellent practice and improve numeracy across the curriculum. As Head of Department, you will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to support the drive to raise standards. The successful candidate will have:
• Evidence of skills in accelerating learning, coaching and improving teaching and using data to inform effective interventions
• An outstanding teaching track record
• A passion to be innovative and forward thinking
• An understanding of the importance of quality assurance
• A view that the progress of every child in Mathematics is their responsibility
This is a key leadership position in the school, and the ability to lead and work in a team is essential, sharing good practice and modelling excellence in all areas. The ability to lead and improve a whole-school area, aside from Mathematics and numeracy, would be an advantage, hence the enhanced TLR.
Ludlow School is committed to developing and supporting leadership at all levels. We provide an enriching educational experience for all at Ludlow, which is a popular 11 – 16 all-ability school situated in the beautiful South Shropshire Hills.
Ludlow School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information and an application pack, please contact Sharon Vickers (email@example.com), or call 01584 813813.