An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated professional to lead our very successful Maths Faculty in Hampshire’s first, all-through school. We are particularly proud of the excellent progress our pupils make and are looking for an outstanding practitioner to lead our team of dedicated professionals. The successful candidate will be a strong classroom practitioner, be a team player contributing to whole school development as well as passionate about leading the teaching of Maths and IT.
The Westgate School has a strong academic tradition where pupils excel because of the exceptional partnership for learning that exists between pupils and adults in our school community. We pride ourselves on putting professional learning and collegiate support at the heart of our practice in order to continue to raise levels of achievement for every pupil.
• To be able to support and inspire the subject leaders in curriculum development;
• To be passionate about enabling all pupils to make excellent progress in Maths and IT
• To be able to implement significant changes to the GCSE Curriculum and assessment;
• To lead new initiatives and pedagogies which will continue to improve the teaching and learning in Maths and IT;
• To be able to use data to effectively improve teaching and learning;
• To promote Maths and IT by celebrating pupils’ success and organising enrichment activities;
• Demonstrate high levels of integrity;
• Be flexible in supporting whole school initiatives and practice;
• To support colleagues by developing a culture of learning from each other and sharing good practice;
• To be a team player in the wider school context, working closely with all colleagues to enrich our already positive learning ethos for pupils and colleagues alike.
The Westgate School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to a d Disclosure and barring Check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks.
Closing date: Monday 16th April Midday
Interview date: Friday 20th April