Head of Mathematics - Pilton Community College
We are seeking a dynamic, well-motivated, innovative Teacher of Maths with a proven track record of delivering outstanding teaching and achieving excellent results to head our Maths department.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate an appetite for leadership, to inspire exceptional teaching and contribute to the strategic development of the department and the school as a whole. He/she must also have a track record of raising attainment in Maths or of maintaining existing high levels of attainment.
We are committed to safeguarding our students. Successful candidates will be required to abide by the schools Safeguarding Children policy and undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 12 Noon Monday 09 October, with interviews for shortlisted candidates on Thursday 12th October.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a hugely important role within the school and we are determined to find a candidate who feels confident and able to lead by example; producing consistently excellent lessons is required, as is enabling excellent progress for all young people.
The desire to share your knowledge and best practice with your colleagues is an essential part of the role and assists them to shape their careers.
A leader who can listen, utilise the skills and experience of their team to deliver the best solutions.
The school offers an excellent working environment, continual professional development and career progression opportunities.
1. Have overall responsibility for progress and attainment of pupils in Maths.
2. Monitor, evaluate and quality assure the effectiveness of teaching and learning within the Maths Department.
3. Carry out the Performance Management of staff in the Maths Department, in line with school and Trust policy.
4. Be a highly effective teacher who supports and challenges all pupils to achieve their full potential.
5. Lead the team of teachers responsible for delivering Maths throughout the school.
6. Be responsible for the development and implementation of the curriculum.
7. Present and represent the work of the team to other groups and individuals.
8. Be responsible for planning and ordering resources for the Maths curriculum, and manage relevant systems such as examination entries