This leading selective girls’ state secondary school is seeking an experienced, committed and dynamic Head of Maths, following the retirement of the current Head of Department after 31 years in post. You will demonstrate the skills, expertise and passion to inspire and encourage girls to stretch their mathematical skill and ability at every level.
This is an exciting opportunity to teach very highly motivated students in a context where Maths is an extremely popular choice at A Level; over 200 girls study the subject in a range of pathways post 16. Girls enjoy undertaking the challenge of competitions, such as UKMT Challenge, Maths Challenges, Olympiad, Hans Woyda etc., and many go on to maths or STEM related degrees at top universities; the school was ranked ninth nationally by ‘Your Life’ campaign for STEM, highlighting how important the subject is in the school’s provision.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to join a very successful Maths team of committed and highly qualified teachers
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish and where teachers are encouraged to express and voice their ideas to generate a passion for their subject
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is important
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
To be successful, you will need to:
- be extremely confident in teaching Maths and Further Maths to A level to high achieving students
- be an excellent role model and classroom practitioner, who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- have the experience to manage an extremely able team, or the ability to develop coaching, mentoring and leadership skills with our support
- provide opportunities outside of the classroom that inspire and engage
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further details about our school and the role, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: noon on Tuesday 31 October 2017
Interview date: Wednesday 8 November 2017
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.