Hampton Gardens School
Hartland Avenue, Hampton Gardens, Peterborough, PE7 8HR.
Hampton Gardens is a new 11-19 free school which opened in September 2017 to an initial intake of 180 Year 7 students. When full the school will accommodate 1200 students in years 7-11 and 300 students in Sixth Form. Hampton Gardens is part of the Hampton Academies Trust who also run the highly successful and popular Hampton College.
Required for September 2018:
Head of Maths
TLR 2c (£6,564) for first year in post
TLR 1b (£9,475) from second year in post onwards
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed Head of Maths in our brand new purpose built school. This role provides an exciting and unique opportunity to lead and develop the department as the school grows.
• To lead an outstanding Department, raise attainment and develop teaching and learning in Maths;
• For a practitioner with a successful track record in achieving high standards and securing improvement through innovative teaching and who is ready for the next challenge in a leadership role;
• In a school where active learning and experimentation are encouraged and where Maths is valued and supported by the leadership team;
• In a modern building where each teaching space has interactive facilities;
• In an expanding school where promotion and developmental opportunities arise regularly;
• Monitor the academic progress of students;
• Embrace creativity and innovation and always looking for the very best practice in teaching;
• In the first couple of years of operation, subject TLR post holders will also be expected to line manage a small number of teachers in other subject areas.
For further details on this position please download a Recruitment Pack from the school’s website – www.hamptongardens.org.uk
Applications to arrive no later than 12.00 noon on Monday 27 November 2017.
Interviews will take place week commencing 4 December 2017.
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).