At Sheffield Park Academy, we pride ourselves on a team of staff who are supportive, friendly and dedicated to providing the very best teaching and learning for our students. Staff across the academy set a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement for students which, in turn, is reflected in the emphasis we place on continuing professional development (CPD) for our staff.
We have made significant, sustained progress at GCSE and are proud to be the most improved secondary school in Sheffield over the last nine years. In August 2017 our Progress 8 score of 0.95 meant that we were ranked first in Sheffield and amongst the top 1% in the country, with results in our Sixth Form also improving. Nevertheless, we are committed to further development in both teaching and learning.
The academy has 1,100 pupils and is situated in purpose-built £30million premises, benefiting from excellent, state-of-the-art facilities and situated within ten minutes of major transport links in the city.
After a visit from Ofsted in October 2017, the academy maintained its ‘Good’ grading in all aspects of the inspection framework.
Following a recent internal promotion, we are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Head of Maths to lead our current department. We are looking for someone who can provide outstanding leadership or quickly develop their leadership to an outstanding level to ensure that learning and progress in all areas within Maths continues on an upward trajectory.
This role may ideally suit someone who is looking to make the step into middle leadership or who is looking to build upon their current experience and success at that level.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid, sustained improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period of time.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
About the School:
- Sheffield Park Academy is ranked in the top schools nationally for ‘Progress 8’ and is recognised as being one of the highest performing schools in Sheffield by all measures.
- Ofsted rated: ‘Good’. Ofsted, October 2017.
- 11 – 18 Academy with 1094 students (156 in the Sixth Form)
- A United Learning Academy.
- We are an ambitious Academy with a focus on continuous improvement, we are determined to continue on our journey towards ‘outstanding’ in every aspect of our provision, ensuring that each and every student is supported and encouraged to achieve their very best.
Sheffield Park Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Sheffield Park Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the Academy before applying, to organise a visit please contact us on the details below.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1218213?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Closing date: Monday 23 April 2018, 9am
Interviews: To take place later the same week
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.