Our opportunity for you
LFCT are excited to announce an opportunity to lead Maths across QEMS (11-16) and Tamworth Sixth Form.
- Hours: 40.75
- Weeks: 52
- Contract: Full time, permanent
- Start date: Easter 2020 (20 April 2020)
- Salary: Competitive – discuss with Principal
- Closing Date: 27/1/2020
- A track record as an outstanding Teacher at all key stages.
- A proven leader who can demonstrate improvement for teams they have managed.
- The interpersonal skills to manage a large team across two academy campuses.
- The drive and determination to force improvement.
- Deal with the ambiguous and unplanned.
- Remain optimistic and retain a sense of proportion.
- To lead a team of specialists to drive improvement at all key stages.
- Be responsible for all aspects of performance.
- Develop high potential staff into a coherent outstanding team.
- There will be an opportunity for a whole campus role depending on skills and experience.
- Advocate and advance through both practice and leadership behaviours the ethos and culture of the Academy.
- Skill and knowledge in harnessing together the critical aspects of curriculum, teaching, learning and achievement with high quality support and guidance to ensure the wellbeing of students and maximise outcomes.
What we can offer you
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
Landau Forte Academy QEMS and Tamworth Sixth Form
Landau Forte Academy QEMS joined the Landau Forte Charitable Trust in September 2011 and delivers education to 11-16 year olds. Landau Forte Academy Sixth Form is a purpose-built establishment providing Level 3 courses, both Advanced Level and BTEC, for the whole of Tamworth and beyond. The academies are located on a shared campus, but both operate from their own facilities, with Landau Forte Academy Sixth Form having new bespoke, accommodation, which opened in September 2011, with a new Sports Hall that opened in 2013.
The local area
Tamworth is a historic town surrounded by beautiful countryside, located a short distance from Birmingham. The Academy is located close to the center of Tamworth, with superb transport links.
Tamworth boasts a range of historical sites and leisure attractions, including: Tamworth Castle; the Tamworth SnowDome and Drayton Manor Amusement Park. Within a 20 minute drive from the town, you can find yourself in the beautiful, open Staffordshire countryside or Birmingham‘s bustling city center.
- Tamworth is 10 minutes away from the M42, junction 10
- Direct trains from Birmingham (10 minutes) and London (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Birmingham and East Midlands Airports are 30 minutes away
For your information
If this sounds like the ideal job opportunity for you, please download and read our Information for Applicants document before applying:
Apply for this job
1. Read the Guidance & Criteria document
2. Or send your application
You can email your completed application, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can post it to:
Landau Forte Charitable Trust
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.