Maltings Academy and New Rickstones Academy in Witham, Essex are graded ‘Outstanding’ and ‘Good’ by Ofsted respectively. Both have a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike. Over the last 3 years we have made great strides in academy improvement and we believe we are at an exciting stage of our development.
We have a committed and ambitious team which includes colleagues from Future Leaders and Teach First, and have been very successful at developing teachers and leaders with progression both within and beyond the academy.
You will join an academy where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
We are looking for a Head of Maths for New Rickstones Academy. You may also be required to work across both academies as required.
If you are driven to lead and develop Maths then we want to hear from you! We actively welcome applications from Maths leaders looking for their first Head of Maths position, as well as from experienced colleagues looking to develop their career further.
We are looking for:
- A proven record of raising and maintaining standards in Maths.
- Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of MIddle Leaders.
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- A commitment to further developing you as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- To be part of an academy moving forward at pace.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and no excuses
- A mentorship programme to develop you as a future Leader.
This post is due to start in January 2018.
Closing date: Monday 16 October 2017
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted on Tuesday 17 October for an interview on Friday 20 October.
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact the Head of Maths for an informal discussion about the post and also to visit the academy. Please contact Simon Gibbs on 01376 512 911 extension 1304.
Both academies are key member of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-academy sponsor which aims to provide the opportunity for all young learners to fulfil their real potential, broaden their horizons and become active, prosperous and successful citizens in the world around them. In each of the AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be offered membership of a Health Cash Plan, and Westfield Rewards. Academy staff also have discounted membership at Witham Leisure Centre.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply on the TES advert.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin: further details can be found on our careers page.