Head of Media & Communication
Required: 1st September 2021
Salary Range: 1 – 14 £23,723-£40,000
Responsibility Allowance D: £2000
(Dependent on qualifications and experience)
Contract: Full time, permanent
Want to be in right at the start of something? This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a modern, forward thinking, professional from the Media/ Graphics sector to join our thriving College and be at the forefront of developing our Media & Graphics qualifications.
The successful applicant will have an opportunity to demonstrate their passion for Media education within a supportive and quickly developing area, playing a pivotal role in the design of Vocational Media courses. You should have an excellent understanding of what makes learning engaging, and in addition you’ll have excellent coaching, mentoring and technical skills and be excited about promoting Media & Communication
The post holder will be expected to:
• Teach to a high standard
• Oversee creative output across a variety of differing content distribution building a student led team to run a campus television station and College Magazine
• Lead a team of lecturers to a successful launch of the new T level in ‘Media, Broadcast and Production’
• Work with the Media and Performance Faculty and with enrichment staff to create provision that excites and stimulates demand
• Have a commitment to providing high quality learning to enable all learners to achieve their full potential. The ability to truly work as a team player is also essential.
• Possess either proven experience in industry or a good honours degree in a related subject (or a combination of both). Ideally you will hold a teaching qualification, or be committed to obtain a suitable qualification once in post.
This role is compatible with the Taking Teaching Further (TTF) initiative. TTF is designed to help unqualified teachers gain experience and train to be a qualified teacher. This includes benefits such as a reduced timetable, team teaching opportunities and access to a teaching qualification while you work.
Closing Date: Friday 21st May 2021
PLEASE APPLY NOW This may close early once sufficient applications are received
Interviews scheduled for week commencing: 24th May 2021
(However, we may interview prior to this date)
Benefits include: Teachers Pensions defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance), sick pay scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, free on-site car parking, on-site fitness suite, Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cirencester College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Cirencester College is a specialist Sixth Form college in a rural setting on the outskirts of Cirencester, Gloucestershire. One of only three designated specialist Sixth Form Colleges in the South West, Cirencester College is one of the top ranking S...