We have an exciting opportunity for a creative, energetic and innovative Head of Media to join our outstanding Media Department at Oxted School. We are looking for a dynamic Teacher who is committed to bringing out the best in every student and wants to inspire the next generation. The ability to teach A Level is desirable but is not essential. We offer an outstanding professional development programme, a successful, supportive and highly strategic Senior Leadership Team and an opportunity to be part of a dynamic developing organisation.
We are looking for:
- Excellent role models in teaching and learning
- Ability to plan, maintain and develop outstanding teaching and learning
- A high level of ICT skills and experience of using these in the classroom to enhance learning
- The experience of leading, coaching and managing staff
- A commitment to all students receiving an outstanding educational experience
- The awareness of the need to monitor and support the progress of all students, with timely interventions, is vital
Oxted School became an Academy in September 2015 and joined The Howard Partnership Trust (THPT). Through high quality partnership work, Oxted School has been able to accelerate its School improvement journey and realise its aims for young people: Aim High, Seize Opportunities and Work Together for Success.
The School's attainment record is securely good. At KS4 the school has been on a journey of improvement over the last 3 years. We are delighted with this year's GCSE exam results, over 75% of the grades that students secured were A*-C and an impressive 22% of grades were A* and A. Oxted School is also celebrating the best examination results in A2 in three years, 98% of students passed all their A levels, 21% of the grades were A*/A Grades with a 71% A*-C pass rate.
Please note we do not accept CVs. No agencies please
Closing date: Monday 22 May 2017 (Early applications prior to 22 May are encouraged)
Interview date: week commencing Monday 22 May or sooner by mutual agreement
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.